Begin by Marinating the tomatoes in olive oil and fresh herbs and spices: Select 5 or 6 ripe tomatoes, wash and slice them, and add them to a large bowl. Drench in 1/2 cup olive oil. Add salt, pepper, basil, oregano and garlic, toss together and marinate for several hours.
Once theyr’e done you can enjoy them any of the following ways:
1. Place sliced tomatoes on top of a toasted baguette
2. Add mozzarella and balsamic vinegar for a summer salad
3. Toss with hot capellini or pasta of your choice.
4. Add to a prepared pizza crust with cheese, sauce and other toppings and bake until the crust is golden brown.
6. Add diced red onion, olives, red wine vinegar and feta cheese for a great Greek salad.
7. Spread pesto over an uncooked pastry shell, layer on tomatoes and parmesan cheese and bake until the pastry is golden brown.
8. Place tomatoes on aluminum foil with 6-8 raw shrimp. Fold and seal the foil and grill for 7-9 minutes.
9. Add 1 Tbsp sugar and 1 Tbsp rice vinegar and marinate another hour. Then puree in a blender for a refreshing cold soup.
10. Spread mayonnaise on toast and add tomatoes, lettuce and crisp bacon for the best ever BLT!