This kid-friendly recipe for Blueberry muffins is the perfect activity for a summer day – especially after picking your own blueberries at one of our local farms.
Kids 7 and up can handle this easy recipe on their own, with a little supervision (and of course someone to put them in and out of the oven.) It’s also a great way to practice those fractions over summer break!
Kid-Friendly Blueberry Muffins
2 cups fresh blueberries
3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, melted
1 1/4 cups milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, Grease or line twelve muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk and egg.
4. Combine the butter mixture and dry ingredients and mix lightly until moistened. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Spoon mixture evenly into the muffin cups. Bake 25 minutes. Place on wire racks to cool.