The Mullica Hill branch of the Gloucester County Library offers a variety of programs for kids of all ages this summer. If you’re looking for a chance to get out of the heat and break up the day with some fun and educational activities, here are a few upcoming events:
Build a Better World: Creature Conservation
- Wed. July 26th from 2-3pm
- Learn how to protect our animals with this event presented by the Adventure Aquarium. All ages. Advanced registration required.
Build a Better Snack Machine
- Thurs. July 27th from 2-3pm
- Use recyclable products to build a snack machine that mixes at least two different snacks together. Ages 6-12. Advanced registration required. Snacks may contain soy, gluten, sugar, and artificial dyes. Please contact the Children’s Department with any allergies.
Movie Matinee: Rock Dog
- Monday July 31st from 1-3pm
- When a radio falls from the sky, Bodi, the Tibetan Mastiff decides to pursue his dream of becoming a musician.
Build a Better Cartoon
- Thurs. August 3rd from 2-3pm
- Learn how to draw cartoons in this introductory class with Robin Steward of the Young Rembrandts.
- Wed. August 16th from 2-3pm
- Learn about the upcoming solar eclipse with Amy Barraclough from the Edelman Planetarium. Enjoy a presentation, craft, and snacks. Advanced registration required. All ages.
Click here for a full list of Children’s classes and events at the Library
The Summer Reading program at the GCLS Mullica Hill Library kicks off this week and is full of great events to keep the kids busy this summer!
Registration for special events opens Monday, June 17th. The official kickoff event is Saturday, June 22nd from 12-1:45 p.m; sign up for programs and watch Mr. Malcolm present Bob the Builder and Snow White!
Below are just a few of the special events. You can view the full Summer Reading Program Calendar for more details and please register ahead for all special programs at http://www.gcls.org/summer-reading-2013.
- The Lizard Guys Wed. June 26th from 2:30-3:30p.m. Learn fascinating facts about animal friends.
- Kids Maker Mania Dino-Tastic! Tues. July 2nd, 2-3p.m. A dinosaur adventure with “fossil digging”, crafts and a dino snack.
- Mad Science – Earthworms! Wed. July 10th, 2-3p.m. Interactive science experiments about the earth for ages 6-12.
- Kids Maker Mania – Mummies-R- us! Tues. July 16th, 2-3p.m. Mummy crafts and races and an ancient Egyptian snack.
- Dig into Reading Magic Show Wed. July 17th 2-3p.m. Magician Brian Richards will mesmerize the whole family!
- Discover and Uncover: Underground Animals Wed. July 24th 10:30-11:30 a.m. Learn about animals that live underground and meet examples up close.
Regularly scheduled programs will also be offered throughout the summer:
Monday Afternoon Movies: Every Monday afternoon from 12-2:30p.m. All movies are rated G. Check www.gcls.org for the featured movie each week.
Story Time: Weekday mornings from 10:30-11am. Stories, songs, finger-plays and crafts.
- Toddlers (ages 2-3) Mondays and Fridays
- Wiggles and Giggles (ages 0-2): Tuesdays
- Pre-school (ages 3-6) Thursdays
If you have questions about the summer reading program, please contact Lorretta Lisowski, Youth Services Librarian at 223-6028 or firstname.lastname@example.org.